European Pilgrimage Tour 2016
ITALY FRANCE PORTUGAL SPAIN
17 Days 4 Countries
Departure: July 21 / August 18 / September 22
- TWIN / TRIPLE – U$3700.00
- SINGLE – U$4400.00
- CHILD (no bed) – U$3100.00
EUROPEAN PILGRIMAGE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Basilica of St. John in Lateran, Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls and the Scala Santa, the Colosseum, Piazza de Venezia, the Fountain of Trevi and the Spanish Steps
- Upper and Lower Basilica
- The Leaning Tower and Cathedral
- NICE & MONACO
- Annunciation Cathedral, Royal Palace and
- the Monaco Racing Circuit
- Sagrada Familia, Olympic Stadium,
- Montjuich Mountain and the Royal Basilica
- Shrine of the Our Lady of Pillar
- Sanctuary & Underground Basilica
- Burgos Cathedral
- SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- Cathedral, Portico de Gloria and
- the Plaza de Obradoiro
- Sanctuary, Apparition Chapel &
- the Great White Basilica
- Marques de Pombal Square, Belem Palace, Belem Tower, Monument of the Discoveries, Jeronimos Monastery, and the Santo Antonio de Padua Church
- Plaza de Espagna, Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Royal Palace and the Cibeles Fountain
- Round trip AIRFARE
- First Class Hotel
- Daily American Buffet Breakfast
- Standard Dinner or Chinese Dinner
- Luxury Private Coach
- Tour Guide
- Tips for Driver / Guide
- 17 Day Travel Insurance
- Pre-Departure briefing
- Travel Bag
- Visa Fees: Schengen: PHP 6500.00
- Travel Tax, Terminal Fee & Airline Taxes
- Italy / Spain Tourist Tax: €2-6.00 / person / night
- Drinks and Beverage
- Airport / Hotel Porterage
ITINERARY of Europe Pilgrimage Tour:
DAY 01 / JUL 21 / AUG 18 / SEP 22 MANILA / ROME
Depart Manila on a board a prestigious airlines on your way to Rome, Italy. Enjoy in-flight meals and entertainment.
DAY 02 / JUL 22 / AUG 19 / SEP 23 ROME (D)
Welcome to Rome! After airport formalities, meet and greet then transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
DAY 03 / JUL 23 / AUG 20 / SEP 24 ROME (ABF,D)
Morning guided tour includes the Vatican to visit St. Peter’s Basilica and Square and the Vatican Museum. Continue your sightseeing with Piazza de Venezia, Vittorio Emmanuel Monument, the Roman Forum and a photo stop at the Coliseum. Toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain on the hope of returning to Rome. Free time to walk to the Spanish Steps and shop for luxurious branded goods.
DAY 04 / JUL 24 / AUG 21 / SEP 25 ROME – ASSISI (2 1/2 HOURS) ASSISI – PISA (ABF,D) (3 HOURS)
Stop in Assisi the hometown of the Beloved St. Francis. Then onto to St. Francis Tomb at the Basilica dedicated to him. Continue on to Pisa to for a photo stop at the amazing Leaning Tower. Check in to your hotel.
DAY 05 / JUL 25 / AUG 22 / SEP 26 PISA – MONACO (3 HOURS ) MONACO – NICE (ABF,D) (1 HOUR)
We cross the border to France and stop at the Principality of Monaco. See the Annunciation Cathedral where Prince Rainer & Princess Grace are buried. See the Royal Palace and a view of the Monaco Racing Circuit. Later continue to Nice for dinner and check in.
DAY 06 / JUL 26 / AUG 23 / SEP 27 NICE – BARCELONA (ABF,D) (7 HOURS)
Leave the French Riviera and cross over the Spanish border on your way to Barcelona. Check in to your hotel upon arrival.
DAY 07 / JUL 27 / AUG 24 / SEP 28 BARCELONA (ABF,D)
Morning guided visit to La Sagrada Familia Cathedral, Barcelona’s most famous landmark and Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece. We then visit the Cathedral then continue on to the Olympic Stadium. Ascend to Montjuïc Moun-tain, which offers a panoramic view of the city and harbor. In the afternoon, drive to Montser-rat and visit the Royal Basilica, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin.
DAY 08 / JUL 28 / AUG 25 / SEP 29 BARCELONA – LOURDES (ABF,D) (5 HOURS)
After lunch, return to France on your way to the major pilgrimage site in Europe – Lourdes. Check in to your hotel. Rest of the day is free.
DAY 09 / JUL 29 / AUG 26 / SEP 30 LOURDES (ABF,D)
The day is free for private devotion. You may wish to go to the Sanctuary to visit the Underground Basilica, walk the Station of the Cross, take the Holy Bath, drink the water or wash your face in the Grotto, or participate in the veneration of the sick pilgrim. Tonight, why not join the emotive candlelight procession.
DAY 10 / JUL 30 / AUG 27 / OCT 01 LOURDES – ZARAGOSA (3 HOURS) ZARAGOSA – BURGOS (ABF,D) (3 HOURS)
Cross the Spanish border on your way to Zaragoza and see the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar, considered the Patroness of the country and the Spanish Civil Guard. Afterwards, din-ner then check in to your hotel in Burgos.
DAY 11 / JUL 31 / AUG 28 / OCT 02 BURGOS – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (ABF,D) (6 HOURS)
This morning, visit the Burgos Gothic Cathedral. Afterwards, drive to Santiago de Compo-stela, a World Heritage City and one of the most important places in Catholicism. In the Cathedral, see the silver crypt where St. James´s remains lie, the statue of St. James the Apostle sitting on the high altar. See the 12th century Portico de la Gloria and the Plaza de Obradoiro. Check in to your hotel.
DAY 12 / AUG 01 / AUG 29 / OCT 03 SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – FATIMA (ABF,D) (5 HOURS)
Cross the border of Portugal and drive to Fati-ma where Our Lady of the Rosary appeared to the 3 little shepherds. Visit Aljustrel to see their homes and Valinhos where Our Lady and the Angel appeared. Then to the Sanctuary to visit the Apparition Chapel and the Great White Basilica where the Blessed Franciso, Jacinta and Lucia are buried.
DAY 13 / AUG 02 / AUG 30 / OCT 04 FATIMA – LISBON – FATIMA (ABF,D)
Drive to the capital of Portugal, Lisbon – see the Tagus river, Marques de Pombal Square, Liberdade Avenue, pass by Belem Palace, official residence of the President of Portugal. Stop at Belem Tower – icon of the Age of Discovery and the Monument of the Discov-eries. Close by is Jeronimos Monastery, magnificent example of the Manueline style. Visit Santo Antonio de Padua Church – where Saint Anthony of Padua was actually born. Transfer back to Fatima for some free time for private devotion. You may attend the candlelight procession at night.
DAY 14 / AUG 03 / SEP 01 / OCT 05 FATIMA – AVILA (4 HOURS) AVILA – MADRID (ABF,D) (1 HOUR)
After breakfast, cross the border to Spain and stop in Avila – the City of Kings and Saints, completely encircled by 11th century walls and birthplace of St. Theresa of Avila and visit the Convent of St. Theresa and the Cathedral. Continue to the capital city, Madrid. Overnight and dinner at the hotel
DAY 15 / AUG 04 / SEP 02 / OCT 06 MADRID (ABF,D)
This morning, go on a half day city sightseeing tour of this beautiful city and see the Puerto del Sol, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Plaza de Espanya, the Royal Palace and the Cathedral. Afternoon free for shopping.
DAY 16 / AUG 05 / SEP 03 / OCT 07 MADRID / MANILA (ABF)
Your memorable tour concludes with a transfer to the airport for your flight back to Manila.
DAY 17 / AUG 06 / SEP 04 / OCT 08 MANILA
Arrival in Manila. Home sweet home!
SCHENGEN VISA REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 pcs passport size pictures (white background)
- Bank Certificate and Bank Statement (within 3 Months)
- Passport valid for 6 months
- Marriage Contract
- Affidavit of Consent (traveling w/o Spouse)
- Birth certificate (photocopy)
- Income Tax Return
- Certificate of Employment with Leave of Absence
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- USD500.00 reservation fee, Visa fee & Visa Assistance Fee are required upon reservations. The reservation fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE to cover administrative charges but DEDUCTIBLE from the package price. A photocopy of passport (with six months validity from date of departure) must be submitted.
- Full payment upon confirmation.
- Asialight Travel and Tours reserves the right to cancel the tour immediately prior to departure. In such case, liability shall be limited only to full settlement of all obligations to the passenger.
sialight Travel and Tours shall not be liable for injuries or damages beyond its control and without fault or negligence on its art. Asialight Travel and Tours has contracted services of other tour operators local and abroad. This means that Asialight Travel and Tours only acts as agents and therefore, accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with losses or accidental expenses due to delays of schedules, overbooking, defaults or “force majeure’ situations. All tours and arrangements are subject to the general conditions specified by the contractor. When making a tour booking, the passenger acknowledges and accepts the foregoing conditions.